Thursday, February 25, 2010

sneaking a snap

im indulging all of you out there with this little pic of me in my staffroom at the high school, florescent lights and all!  notice no body else is around?...yes, they are all at a meeting and are apparently discussing what is healthy food.  that is all that my supervisor told me before everyone left me here alone.  this is pretty typical and i have gotten used to being alone in here sometimes.  if you know me, you know that being alone is just fine with me.  but i stole the opportunity to show you where i work as taking a picture of the room when people are watching is just, well, weird, at least weirder than most things i am doing here for the moment.

i gave my second grade students (11th graders to you and me) their final english exam of the year today.  i dont think one of them finished it and they all just looked totally defeated when i handed them out.  my supervisor told me that i had to make this one significantly harder than the last one, because the students did too well on the last one.  yes, that is just what i was thinking too!  "lets make it so hard that they will all fail!"  he thought i was serious when i said this and smiled in agreement.  ouch.  this is the japanese way.  i am about to start grading them and feel sorry for them already.  wow what a strange reality this is that i have chosen to live in. 

hope all of you are getting good marks in life out there.  ganbatte!
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment