Tuesday, August 17, 2010

back in the USA: west side bliss

and after ten days at home though i was sad to say good-bye to my family and friends there i was soooo anxious to be back in OR with all of my wonderful, loving people there.  as soon as i saw this i knew it was going to be a great second round of my holiday...

my blonde Oregon sister Sam picked me up at the PDX airport with a Voo-doo doughnut.  nothing says portland like one of those.  one hug and one taste and i was really back in my american home.  and like any good oregonian would, she then whisked me off to the newest neighborhood brewery for us to have a taste of the NW hops and barleys that i had been missing.  oh man!  words cant describe how good that first taste was.  again, tasting like home.

i had a super full and super fun schedule for the next nine days though it seemed to kind of fill itself as the days went on (hmmm, or Sam had a great hand in that.  jah bless her little organizing self!) and i got to catch up with old friends from all over, old students who i ADORE, dance with my Oregon family, camp at a seriously amazing site, and just relish in the beauty that was all around me.  the people and places of Oregon really have captured my heart and it will forever be my american home now.  no matter how far i go i know that those mountains, trees and rivers will be there to welcome me back, along with the most caring, thoughtful, gentle and adoring people i have ever met (outside of my NE family of course!).  the love and comfort that i feel there with those people is enough to bring me to tears even now and if i think about it too much i often feel like a crazy woman for ever having left.  but they know my heart and welcome me back knowing too that my heart has always been there with them. 

you all in Oregon who matter so much to me know who you are.  thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my homecoming really feel that it was such a thing.  i cant wait to reunite with you for the battle of the purple capes (jerrys birthday), the ripplebrook, the tillamook and the crazy laughter and love again next year.  you keep me smiling with the love and joy you send me each day.

some snaps of these brillant people and places:


















2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and we were so glad to have you here and wait eagerly, but patiently, for your return! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you! i love you! sing on sister!

    ReplyDelete