Thursday, March 4, 2010

love and life and change

it is with a heavy heart that i write this short blog note.  the long 28 hour journey to Texas has begun for me now.  i type this from the airport in fukuoka which is a ferry/taxi/plane ride from my little island.  i'm off to meet my family for a few days and to celebrate the life of one of the most golden-hearted women i have ever had the privilege of loving; my grandma KC.  it was her time and it is a good thing that she has gone to be with my grandpa john and dance with him again, but our selfish human nature has many of us sad here as we miss her joyful being. 

i hope all of you remember to love each moment that you can. 

re entry back to being a non-gaijin is feeling weird and wonderful all at once.  i kind of miss my island already though...

No comments:

Post a Comment