Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gratefulness

it is without a doubt that i am overwhelmed on a daily basis by the place that i live now and what small pleasures i am privy to day in and out.

upon my 6 am bike ride this morning it all just hit me very suddenly; the smell of the earth as i raced by trees in full bloom waking to morning sun. the way the smell of the moist dirt and the trees covered in moss twirl together in such an enticing tango is such a rush for me and takes me back in one inhale of their sweetness to a place high on a mountain and far away from so many things.

i could have ridden forever this morning it seems. it's a shame that the real world was calling and responsibilities made my early morning sun salutation short. the good news though is that i have many more morning rides ahead of me that will follow this same series of tiny pleasure and i will be ready to breathe deep with gratefulness for them all.

be well friends,

namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment