Friday, October 23, 2009

jitensha!

jitensha is the japanese word for bike and it is relevant today because i just got home from my first bike ride in over two months! holy cow it felt good to be on two wheels and watching the world go by at a nice speed with wind in my hair and salt air in my nose. i have been missing my bike ever so much and it is nice to be back on one here, even it if is borrowed and a far cry from my beautiful mountain bike back in portland :( a bike is a bike is a bike and today it just felt good to have one i could climb on and get lost for awhile. i discovered a new canyon and fresh water damn already and can't wait to see what else those two wheels will help me find. i think i must get a bike, perhaps tomorrow when travel to the 'big island' is on the docket...

(side note: i owe all you lovely readers sports day story and pictures. i have them and promise that i WILL get them on here and soon at that. sumimasen.)

hangin out and hangin loose,
be well friends,
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment